Navigation | Not Your Ordinary Mustang

Not Your Ordinary Mustang

When the first snowfall of 2011 came, one snowman got attacked in the apartment courtyard by a man and a rope.

Many of you might see him Saturday afternoons in the fall, down at Elwood Olsen Football field playing for the Morningside Mustangs. But not many know the real Tyler Anvil Sinsabaugh.

Born in Mesa Arizona, Anvil, as most call him, has lived in the same house for his entire life upon coming to college. He played many sports growing up, but one talent not many people know about is his roping skills. Starting from when he could remember, Anvil has been roping competitively.

From age five all the way to age fifteen he was ranked third in the state in competitive roping. Anvil practiced his roping skills daily, and twice a month he had shows to do. He had to give it up once he got to high school, because it took up too much of his time.

Coming from Arizona you may ask, why did Anvil choose Morningside College all the way in Sioux City, Iowa? The now sophomore chose Morningside because one of his high school coache is an alum and recommended it to him. Anvil is majoring in secondary education, hoping to become a math teacher.

“Math has always been my favorite subject, I enjoy the whole process, and want to teach it to people someday.” Sinsabaugh said smiling.

Anvil plays J-back for the Mustangs football team, which is a slot receiver and tight end combination. Other than football he enjoys playing basketball and squirrel watching from a far.

From his roping career down in Arizona all the way to playing football in Iowa, Anvil sure has had an interesting life. Next time you see him roping around campus make sure you don’t get roped down by him. This future math teacher will be roping his students in class if they act up at him.

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/OCB67GumBzw" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /]

Filed by Andrew at December 6th, 2011 under Other Posts

Make sure you write out abbreviations! Otherwise interesting story. And what video are you posting? Should be interesting when all finished!

Brittany — December 6, 2011 @ 3:21 PM

Over all a well put together story. Good work.

Derrick — December 6, 2011 @ 3:22 PM

Great start! I would love to read a little more about his roping career. Also, what other things in his life was the roping conflicting with? What grades would he like to teach and is he planning on staying in Iowa after graduation. What does he think of Iowa compared to Arizona. Overall, a little more information would make this profile really keep my attention.

Alisa — December 6, 2011 @ 3:22 PM

I may be wrong, but I think I saw this guy in the apartment courtyard…. he came and roped a snowman. Seriously. I was thinking, “Who on earth knows how to rope around here?”

Anyway. I agree with other people.. more info! Sounds like an interesting guy.

Claire Elyse — December 6, 2011 @ 3:36 PM

I like Anvil. I spent a lot of time with him last year because I played the same position. I knew he was from arizona but i didn’t know he was an expert ropper.

Joshua — December 6, 2011 @ 3:49 PM

Focus on the roping, Andrew. The football stuff can wait. This is about Anvil as a roper (which I don’t think he ever mentioned in C&C last year).

Consider one of the “alternative” leads we discussed last month. A contrast lead. A scene setting lead. An anecdote, maybe (like roping a snowman).

fuglsang — December 7, 2011 @ 4:59 PM

A nice video on roping stick at it man your real good.

webmaster of sesame street shop

kenny — December 16, 2011 @ 10:51 AM

great points altogether, you just gained a new reader. What could you suggest in regards to your publish that you made a few days ago? Any certain?

złoto — January 12, 2012 @ 6:03 AM

Have a good day!. There are some interesting points in that clause but I don’t know if I see all of them middle to center . There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good clause, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner too. Colon Cleanse

Windykacja — January 12, 2012 @ 8:31 AM

Nice to share

Wawan — January 20, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

I just couldn’t depart your web site before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information an individual supply on your visitors? Is gonna be back incessantly to check up on new posts

vasdggqwea — August 21, 2012 @ 4:37 AM

Hi webmaster, commenters and everybody else !!! Thanks for any future updates.

Xmas Canon Camera Deals — November 28, 2012 @ 12:06 PM

This www is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it. Visit my site prace licencjackie. Thanks!

pisanie pracy magisterskiej — March 3, 2013 @ 7:18 PM