Navigation | News Comment

News Comment

Kentucky church bans interracial marriage

A Kentucky church has decided to ban interracial couples from getting married or attending worship services. The Gulnare Freewill Baptist Church made the vote in response to a longtime member who is engaged to a man whose birthplace is in Zimbabwe. The church has roughly 40 members and passed the vote to ban the interracial couples. The county the church is in is 98% white, and many believe this is not promoting unity or civil peace.

The way this church is going about this doesn’t seem right, they should be able to adapt to change. It seems as if they don’t want to have change at their church. With 98% of the county being white, I’m sure they are not used to anything like this. From the outside the church is getting bad views right now with how they are going about this. They will pry have to make changes to make everyone happy.

Filed by Andrew at December 1st, 2011 under News Comments

The church has already stepped back from this decision. The power of the internet to embarrass dumb decisions. Maybe link to some of that feedback?

fuglsang — December 7, 2011 @ 5:01 PM

My spouse and i completely agree with the above poster, he made many valid items, especially the 1st one. Also Admin, ive tried to subscribe to your Feed but I will be getting one? I desire you dont mind, but My partner and i went in advance and linked aimed at your website through our blog. You dont need to link time for us in the event you dont want to. Thanks again for that great submit!

Cheryl Batteiger — July 7, 2012 @ 4:47 AM