Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi

I have never been to a Japanese Steakhouse before so I had no idea what to expect from the experience, but as soon as we were sat at our table I knew I was going to have an interesting experience. We were sat at a black marble table that surrounds a flat top grill. The menus were very classy and professional.

Front of the menu.

Front of the menu.

The first thing that I noticed when I sat down was the nicely set places. The plate was already at the table with a folded linen in a pocket fold style and a fork placed in the pocket. The plate itself was also very nice, the decoration on it was gorgeous.

IMG_20130521_124709       IMG_20130521_124724

The waiter was very polite and took our drink orders. I ordered the Green Tea or Japanese Hot Tea, it came in a tea pot with a cup (see picture below). The tea tasted very good, especially since I had a sore throat.

Green Tea/ Japanese Hot Tea

Green Tea/ Japanese Hot Tea

IMG_20130521_132601

For lunch I choose the Lunch Combination, which allows you to pick two entrees from a list provided. It comes with a side salad, fried rice, and vegetables. I decided for my two choices to go with the swordfish and the Mahi Mahi. Here is a link to there menu http://tokyosiouxcity.com/attachments/File/mymenufinal.pdf.

First came the salad. I enjoyed it, the ginger dressing was different but not in a bad way. The lettuce was very crunchy and fresh.

Salad with ginger dressing.

Salad with ginger dressing.

The salad was quite like any other salad you would receive: lettuce, dressing, and some crunchy stuff. I would have expected the salad to have a little more to it, but once I saw how large the main course was I believe that small and simple was the perfect choice.

Next the chef came out and did a few tricks, which I am told are very similar to other restaurants of this nature. He started to fry up a couple eggs and rice to make a fried rice mixture. When the fried rice was finished he placed on the plate on the right side of everyone’s plate.

Fried Rice

Fried Rice

Next he started placing the vegetables on the grill. While the vegetables were on the grill he did a fire trick with the onion rings (see picture below). After the trick was finished the chef placed the meats the everyone had chosen. As the meats got done the chef placed them on the left side of the plate. When all the meats were on peoples’ plates he then placed the vegetables down the center.

Onion fire trick.

Onion fire trick.

The vegetables were very tasty and had a good seasoning with them. The Mahi Mahi was probably my favorite thing on the plate, I love fish and loved how the fish just fell apart perfectly as I ate it. The swordfish was good but I do not know if I would order it again, but I really enjoy the idea that I can now say that I have tried swordfish. And as always the rice tasted very good, I have to say fresh fried rice is so much better than predone fried rice.

Mahi Mahi

Mahi Mahi

Swordfish

Swordfish

Finished plate.

Finished plate.

I would definitely go back to Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi. I had an amazingly fun time and really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. For how much food I got $14 was really not a big deal. So if you are looking to be entertained while eating this is an excellant option to look into.

*Link to Tokyo Steakhouse- http://tokyosiouxcity.com/