News Comment 10/22

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30162027/nick-saban-sees-positives-false-coronavirus-test

This article talks about the aftermath of Alabama head coach Nick Saban testing false positively for COVID-19 before their football game against Georgia. He ended up being able to coach the game because he had three negative tests in the three days leading up to the game. He explains how testing positive was not all bad, and really puts things in perspective for him. He then says he was very fortunate to be a false positive, and that people need to stay safe so everything does not get taken away from them like what he thought happened to him.

I think this is a very good article that more people need to see. As an athlete myself, an article like this both puts things in perspective, and motivates me to practice social distancing and staying safe so I myself do not have to lose my sports due to testing positive. Saban says that once you test positive, there really isn’t much you can do about it, and this is true in my life as well.

No Comment