Descriptive Writing #2

For this descriptive writing, I decided to try and think outside of the box. Instead of looking behind a door, or something basic, I decided to look underneath the soles of my dirtiest pair of shoes. Right off the bat, the most noticeable feature of the shoe is the smell. The light gray Vans branded shoes give off a stench as if they have been through a lot, and worn several times. As I look at the tan, worn down bottoms of the shoes, the first noticeable feature is the brown patches of dried up mud filling some of the holes on the waffle-like bottom of the shoe. Looking towards the big toe area of the shoe, there seems to be an unknown pink substance taking up a dime sized area on the bottom. I hope that the substance is gum, but I really have no idea what it truly is. Some of the dirt clumps are a lighter shade of brown, almost a beige color, while others are a darker brown color. As I glance on each white side of the shoe near the bottom, the originally white color has faded a little, but is mainly covered in brown from dried up mud as well. In conclusion, after an in depth look at my shoes, I suggest that these may need to be cleaned in the very near future.

1 Comment so far

1.   fuglsang on October 25th, 2020

OK, Bryson. Thinking outside the box works. Did you consider looking under the insole of the shoe. That’s the part inside the shoe that cushions you foot. They get pretty gross.