News Comment 11.5

https://www.siouxlandproud.com/news/public-health-may-be-election-loser-as-coronavirus-surges/

This article speaks about how regardless of who wins the election, the real loser here will be the American people due to numbers going up in COVID-19 cases. The writer compares approaches to the election, where Trump was going out campaigning during a global pandemic, when Biden was staying away from campaigns and not putting people at as much of risk. The main current worry however, is when college students go home for breaks. This will then put their families at risk, and especially college campuses at risk when they come back from breaks.

I think this is just an overall decent article. I think it could be written better in some places, but it gets a message across. I think saying that the real winner of the election is COVID-19 is a pretty fair statement, which is a sad reality. I think during everything going on in the election currently, people are forgetting that we are still in a global pandemic and we will continue to be for a while.

1 Comment so far

1.   Anonymous on November 8th, 2020

This is a good timely story, Bryson, especially for college students. It does fall more in the area of analysis than news, but that’s OK.