Stuart Scott

ESPN sports broadcaster, Stuart Scott proclaims his recent battle of cancer at last nights ESPY’s awards ceremony. Talking about his hardships during the past week of chemo and how he barely made it here to receive the Jimmy V’s perseverance award.

Scott did not feel that he was going to be able to it to the awards ceremony as he had spent a week in the hospital. He had crashed down with liver complications, kidney failure, and four surgeries. Without hope in those seven days, his doctors and nurses did and he did make it because of them.

During his speech, Scott talks about the greats that he had recently given the same awards too. Jimmy Valvano himself gave Scott the willing to fight for his life by saying, “don’t give up, don’t ever give up”. Scott then replies to this famous quote by saying “So, to be honoured with this, I now have a responsibility to also not ever give up. I’m not special”.

Scott is very proud with what he has achieved as a father, saying, “The best thing I have ever done, the best thing I will ever do, is be a dad to Taelor and Sydni”. Scott then invites his youngest daughter Sydni to the stage to give him a hug. His older daughter Taelor could not make it to the awards ceremony as she is off at college doing her thing.

Within the theatre, people are shedding tears for the well loved sports analyst and for everything he has done.

Published in: on October 27, 2022 at 11:12 am Comments (1)

One Comment Leave a comment.

1. on October 31, 2022 at 1:22 pm fuglsang Said:

There’s a lot in that lead, Shane. You could go with something a bit off the wall: “Stuart Scott barely made it to the venue to receive ESPN’s Jimmy V Perseverance Award.”

Or some combination of the two sentences: “Broadcaster Stuart Scott detailed his battle with cancer as he accepted the Jimmy V Perseverance Award last night.”

The third graf is also two different ideas jammed together.

Keep working on transitions.