Oct 14 2022

Profile Image of Marnix

Draft Article #2

Posted at 9:13 pm under News Articles

European vs American High Schools

There is a world difference between European and American high schools. Whether it is the grading system, after school activities or the way classes are put together. An American and 3 Europeans of different countries were interviewed in an attempt to explain their past situation.

An paragraph to shortly introduce the people who were interviewed, (Name and country)

The format in which high schools give out their grades may seem logic, until you arrive at a university where people from different countries come together. Where some countries use letters, others use percentages or just numbers in general.

Another complete difference is the after school activities which schools of the different countries provide. Whereas the fact that playing sports at a competitive level is arranged via the high schools is a life changer for some Europeans, others also do this in there home country.

Lastly, the way the schools are setup in general is also a massive difference. Not only does the amount of years differ from one country to another, the way the classes are put together as well.

I cannot type more than this yet as I have not interviewed the people yet, but I have had many talks about this in the cafeteria table which blew my mind.

I will ask 3 europeans and an American about these 3 situations in their high school. After each of these paragraphs already written I will describe their stories, mainly focused on the European high schools since the readers are Morningside students, who are almost all Americans. They would be shocked to read the differences since they do not know any of this.

No responses yet

Comments RSS