Re(Construct) a Scene

It was a typical weekend night. MAC was putting on their firstĀ  Midnight Movie of the semester at the Carmike Cinema at the mall. Students overflowed the lobby and the line almost went out the door. People talked amidst their groups and the theater buzzed with conversation.

I had a devilish plan in mind for the night, one that I knew I’d enjoy. It was time to make my poor, innocent boyfriend watch a movie that would give him nightmares. One that would trigger him specifically because he’s afraid of clowns. The time was drawing near to watching Stephen King’s It.

I was thoroughly enjoying myself as I watched him start to get nervous. It wasn’t hard to tell that he already regretted his choice to come.

Midnight struck and after hearing the spiel that MAC members have to give about rules, students started to funnel in to the theater.

The time had arrived.

The theater that featured It that night was packed. Everybody was ready to get scared, but I was ready to get entertained.

Lucky for me, the movie dove head first into the scares.

I watched as It’s face monstrously contorted into something of nightmares and he dragged Georgie down to his death. As the audience was audibly shocked and scared, my eyes darted over to Eamon’s horrified face. He shielded his eyes from what he was seeing. I laughed to myself.

As the movie continued on, I became more and more entertained by his reactions and less and less worried about what was going on in the movie. His scared commentary was something to behold.

He wasn’t the only one. As you can imagine, watching this movie with a theater full of college students made for some interesting laughs, audible gasps, and excellent commentary. You could say I enjoyed the experience.

When the movie ended, I was told that was one of the worst decisions he’s ever made.

Needless to say, I’m a mean girlfriend and he had nightmares for weeks.

Speak Your Mind