When the Picky Eater Is a Grown-Up

Most people expect picky eaters to grow out of their eating habits when they get older, but what happens when they don’t? Adult picky eaters note that they feel uncomfortable in certain eating situations, feel anxious when pressed to eat things they don’t want to eat, and have other unpleasant experiences that stem from their selective eating habits. Seventy-five percent of adult picky eaters, have been experiencing this issue since childhood and some people have even began to seek help to reverse their selective eating habits.

This article caught my attention because I consider myself a picky eater. Although this article was attention grabbing, I wasn’t very happy with it. Not to sound insensitive, but the way portrayed some of the experiences of picky eaters in this article seemed a little extreme. They made it sound like the lives of these people are so much worse because they have selective eating habits, when it’s really not that pressing of an issue. I think in a way this might portray picky eaters in an even worse light by making them seem like cry babies.

I think the overall structure of this article worked well and everything flowed. The author of this article also made sure to include a wide variety of sources, which was good.

I thought it was good that the author made sure to include many examples of why some people find certain foods repulsive. From the smell all the way to its appearance.

I think this story has impact because there are many picky eaters worldwide, so there will always be somebody that can relate to this article.

Source

1. A good discussion, Maggie. My daughter is still a picky eater and seems to avoid anything I consider healthy. She does fit the “extreme” description you mention, but I can see what you mean.

Speak Your Mind