South Carolina Identifies Bodies Found on Suspect’s Property

Meagan Coxie and Johnny Coxie, a couple that had been missing for nearly a year, were finally found on suspect Todd Kohlhepp’s 95 acre property. The story doesn’t stop there however, as Kohlhepp has now been linked to several other serious crimes. For example, he confessed to killing four people at a motorcycle shop in 2003, kidnapping and imprisoning a woman by the name of Kala Brown, murdering a man named Charles Carver, and the list goes on.

The title of this story caught my interest because it’s not something I stumble across every day. As it turns out, the New York Times has actually covered this story multiple times and is just posting updates of Kohlhepp’s story as they receive more information.

I believe that the main factors that makes this story newsworthy are uniqueness and timeliness. I believe this story is unique because it’s not often you see murder mysteries on news websites such as the New York Times. It’s also obvious that this story is timely because it was just posted yesterday as an update of one of the stories they had ran earlier this week. This makes it clear that they’re posting new information as soon as they’re receiving it.

This story flows pretty well and I like that they ended on a crime Kohlhepp had committed years before. I believe it was smart to end on that note to show how Kohlhepp, somebody that has been a dangerous criminal for years, is finally getting convicted for his crimes and the world is now a safer place because of it.

Source

1. This is a developing story. Likely to be more bodies. Kind of interesting the NYT used the couple’s mugshots to illustrate the story.

Speak Your Mind