Mega City Mall Explosion

There was an explosion in the food court of Mega City Mall at 9:50 this morning.

Early responders on the scene reported that around 100 people sustained minor injuries as a result of the explosion and two people were pronounced dead at the scene by the local fire department. The names of the fatalities have yet to be released according to Captain Fuglsang.

One of the injured described some of the action on the scene. As mall custodian, Kaycie Strobl, recalled, “I was cleaning up some puke by one of the tables when something exploded. Something got in my leg and I have a concussion.” Strobl didn’t see anything suspicious leading up to the explosion.

Police and investigators have yet to find a cause for the explosion and are “still investigating all possible explanations,” as Captain Fuglsang reported. Homeland Security and local police stations have been notified of the incident.

The mall spokesman reported the incident was caught on video by security cameras, but the police have yet to access the video.

The mall evacuated immediately after the explosion. On duty mall Santa, Yuka Kotani, recalled, “I heard a loud sound from the explosion . . . I tried to protect the children and take them to the safe place.”

The spokesman for the mall announced the mall will be closed at least through this Saturday.

1. Good selestion of details, Maggie. Some combination of the first and second graf focused on deaths/injuries would make the best lead.

Speak Your Mind