Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Passport Makeup-Boy Taken From Mother

December 9, 2011 by  
Filed under Passport/Intro. to Religion

Obviously this article is a little biased.  I don’t agree that the boy should have been taken, but I feel like Ruben Navarrette Jr. couldn’t form a solid strong argument because it was so biased.  He claimed once that social service agencies have been doing heavy-handed abuse for 20 years, but he didn’t give any examples.  I couldn’t take him seriously there because he was just throwing words out there.  This matter that he is talking about is a huge matter, but he needs to put more of the other side’s opinion out there so that he can analyze it and prove that it is wrong.  I don’t know about you, but I’ll buy into a factual argument more than an emotional one.

I don’t believe the child should have been taken because that can cause more damage, but I disagree with Ruben when he said there is no immediate danger in this situation.  The child is 8 years old and he weighs 200 pounds.  He already had breathing problems.  There isn’t just future health risks; their are immediate health risks.  The boy is already showing signs.  I think the agency should monitor the mother and child more closely and make sure they are trying very hard to turn the problem around. (Maybe give them a list and guidelines to follow.)  Then they should give them a warning, and if the rules aren’t followed, then something should be done.  I think if the rule’s aren’t followed, the child should be sent to a camp or hospital for education and healthy habits instead of just taken away forever.  The child should be returned once the problem is mostly taken care of.  Also, the child should have regular contact with his family, so there is not much emotional damage like Ruben is scared of.

There are many issues in the world today.  The problem is the media.  They always push the extremes.  There are compromise answers out there if we would just put the effort into finding them that we use to produce long, extreme biased arguments.

One Response to “Passport Makeup-Boy Taken From Mother”
  1. I think it is good knowledge. And I agree with this article.