Saturday, April 20, 2024

Music and Effects on Politics and Society

February 8, 2012 by  
Filed under Uncategorized

The first article we read is about music and its effects on society throughout history.  It describes how music is passed generation to generation as well as culture to culture.  Music keeps evolving and spreading.  Society takes a hold of music and relies on it for their social expression.  Many times arguments and fights occur because of music.  This is because music gives people an identity and a way to express themselves.  When people disagree on music, it can turn into personal debate.

The second article we read was written by David Little, a composer and artistic director.  He studied music history and whether politics and the art of music go hand in hand or not.  He argued that they do have some to do with each other, but not everything.  He says that you can either put emphasis on politics, or you can put the emphasis on the art of the music.  I agree that some songs do not have much political meaning, while others do.  If you have a highly political song, the emphasis is not on the art because it will take attention away from the meaning.  The same is true the opposite way if the focus is on the art.

13 Responses to “Music and Effects on Politics and Society”
  1. bazer says:

It is very interesting. I like this site. It is good to keep it. Thank you to everyone…

2. hello there and thank you for your information – I have definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again soon..

3. Britteny Lou says:

I’ll vote for him. It’s about time America should have a president that isn’t a white male.

4. Colway says:

I’m waiting for more information.

5. Hello, just became to your blog through Google, and found that it is really interesting.

6. I would like to show some appreciation to this writer just for rescuing me from this condition. Right after browsing through the world wide web and meeting concepts that were not powerful, I believed my life was well over. Existing without the presence of approaches to the problems you’ve resolved all through your main posting is a critical case, as well as the kind which could have negatively affected my career if I had not come across your web site. That skills and kindness in controlling a lot of things was important. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a step like this. I am able to at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks so much for your high quality and sensible guide. I won’t think twice to recommend your web site to anybody who would like counselling about this problem.

7. vasdggqwea says:

You’re joshing can’t you be!

8. After study a handful of the web sites for your web site now, and i also genuinely such as your technique for blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and you will be checking back soon. Pls look at my site as well and let me know if you agree.

9. Hi there! Nice post! Please tell us when I will see a follow up!

10. Otha says:

You’re so awesome! I don’t think I have read a single thing like this before. So nice to find another person with original thoughts on this topic. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is something that is required on the web, someone with some originality.

11. Ramon says:

It’s hard to find educated people on this subject, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

12. Music gives an approach to people. It gives them direction.

13. If I was hiring and you gave me your resume listing a liberal arts education I would consider it a mark against you!. . I would consider a high school graduate who worked at a fast food place as being the better employee.. . Liberal arts degree means to me:. You have led a sheltered and pampered life, took the easy way out and spent more time partying that learning. You abused limited educational resources while more motivated, intelligent and hard working poor people were denied the opportunity you waisted.