Friday, April 19, 2024

Internet’s effect on social interactions

March 22, 2012 by  
Filed under Uncategorized

The two articles we read were very interesting.  I have always leaned more towards the view point of the second, but I didn’t feel like it provided much clear evidence that the internet is taking away from our physical social interactions.  For that matter, I didn’t think either article provided solid evidence for their points.  I do believe they provided enough information for this discussion though.  I see both points.  The internet has obviously enhanced some parts of our live, especially in how easy we can access information we need.  But I also say that social interaction has been affected.

I remember as a kid (elementary through middle school) the way we had to talk to our friends.  We had to run over to their house and ask their parents if they could come out and play for awhile.  We would go and play some game and talk while and in between playing.  That is how we socialized before we used technology and the internet.  Now you just shoot them a quick message if you want to interact or talk.  Then you usually just do something fun through chatting or online gaming.  This cuts down face to face time that is essential in developing as a human.  I feel that we constantly learn from experiences, and this subject is not an exception to this conversation.  We have to interact with people in a normal physical relationship in order to retain our social skills.  Even though a lot of interactions in the workplace are now through technology, it is still important to know how to interact with the people around you well.  If you can’t and you are just awkward in a social environment, you are not as likely to get a good job.

Comments

6 Responses to “Internet’s effect on social interactions”
  1. Kimonos again….how boring. So I will lose the items with the christmas Jacks inside that I collected in the events and in the Party Room?

2. Colway says:

Added to my RSS reader 🙂

3. I am here for the first time but I know that I’ll be back 😉

4. vasdggqwea says:

It was a dreary day here yesterday, so I just took to messing around on the internet and found: chinese panda silver coins

5. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little evaluation on this. And he in reality bought me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If potential, as you develop into expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with extra particulars Its extremely useful for me. Huge thumb up for this weblog submit!

6. Ive been searching for this information and at last located your post. Your own posts are aiding me in uncovering some needed specifics. Make sure you continue your writing.