Friday, March 29, 2024

Randomness in Life

March 14, 2012 by  
Filed under Uncategorized

Chapter one of this book explores the random factors in life.  It discusses how their are skills and things that affect outcomes, but many times we cannot be sure because of the random factors.  It gives examples like how the Hollywood box office success fluctuates so much and how baseball players numbers happen at random at times.  The author says that we try to predict randomness and analyze tendencies, but we can’t really be sure.

I do agree that randomness affects are life a great deal.  If it didn’t, life would be a bore.  Everything would be scientifically or mathematically figured out and outcomes would be predetermined.  Why try as hard if you know the outcome?  Even though I do believe randomness has a large effect on outcomes, I don’t believe we should focus too much on it.  We can’t just rely on randomness to decide our fate.  We have to set ourselves up for the best situation and odds and then let randomness take it from there.  The more sure you can be in a situation, the less randomness is possible.

7 Responses to “Randomness in Life”
  1. Jack says:

I like how you think that people shouldn’t focus so much on random factors that could happen but make a plan and try to eliminate the different factors by setting plan and following the plan to the best of our ability. Of course randomness will still occur but just not as much as it normally would.

2. Together with the whole thing which appears to be building inside this particular subject matter, your opinions tend to be rather radical. On the other hand, I beg your pardon, because I do not give credence to your entire plan, all be it exciting none the less. It seems to us that your commentary are actually not completely justified and in simple fact you are generally your self not entirely certain of the assertion. In any case I did appreciate looking at it.

3. Maria Srsic says:

Anyone made several decent items there. I looked on the web for the issue and discovered most folks will accompany with your web site Randomness in Life : djn003's blog.

4. Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess Ill just sum it up what I submitted and say, Im thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but Im still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for inexperienced blog writers Id really appreciate it.

5. very nice post, i certainly really like this site, keep on it

6. Hilde says:

Hi there! This post could not be written much better! Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept preaching about this. I most certainly will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he’s going to have a great read. Many thanks for sharing!

7. Consuelo says:

It’s nearly impossible to find knowledgeable people about this subject, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks