Scavenger Hunt

The two objectives that I had were #1: A selfie with your “subject” and #2: A conversation about the weather.

When we first got this task, I thought it would be quite easy to find people to interview but it was harder than expected. There were not many people wandering around campus, I’m guessing because classes are present.

My initial thought was to walk to the cafeteria because there will be plenty of people to interview there but then it was closed. So I walked to the coaches offices in HPER to see who I could find.

I stumbled upon two ladies in the coaches offices.

The first being Coach Jessica Jones-Sitzman (Coach J) and the second being Cheryl Gamble. I explained my tasks at hand and they decided who wanted to take which objectives.

Gamble left the selfie-taking to Jones-Sitzman and was gracious to talk about the weather.

Gamble just retired this year from being an Administrative Assistant here at Morningside University. She stated that “the weather is beautiful this morning” and “it made for a nice brisk walk”. It was about 47 degrees fahrenheit during the time Gamble took her stroll this morning.

As Gamble declined taking a selfie, Coach J graciously accepted the task.

Coach J is the head softball coach here at Morningside.

Although she cooperatively took on the task of taking a picture, she did have some initial thoughts. She said “am I having a good hair day?” . . . which the obvious answer here is yes.

Join the Conversation

1. I thought Cheryl retired? I guess you can’t away from Morningside.
    She still has her hair, so, yes, a good hair day.
    Good story.