Title: Prosecutors say Henry Ruggs III was going 156 mph right before fatal crash

Lead: Prosecutors in Nevada said Wednesday that former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III reached a speed of 156 mph and had a blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit before the early-morning crash Tuesday that killed a 23-year-old woman and her dog.

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/11/03/henry-ruggs-crash-court-appearance/

This is a really well-written and detailed article. Sad story but I believe the writer did a great job of portraying the situation. I think the writer did a great job getting credible quotes. Although the lead was kind of long, I think that it was a very strong lead.

This article covered who, what, when, where, why, and how. Since it covered all of these areas, I did not really have any questions left unanswered. The only question I really had was if Henry Ruggs’ girlfriend was injured because they did not really say much about that.

Although it is very devastating, it is a very well-detailed and written story.

Join the Conversation

1. Lots of long sentences. The girlfriend was slightly injured and plans to file charges against Ruggs as well.
    Do you think there should be a standard way of dealing with stories like this? Stories where someone does something incredibly stupid?