News Comment #12

Title: Watch Now: Neighbors help farmer with cancer finish 1,000-acre harvest near Merna

Lead: NORTH PLATTE — The sound of brotherly and neighborly love resounded across the cornfields near Merna on Tuesday.

https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/watch-now-neighbors-help-farmer-with-cancer-finish-1-000-acre-harvest-near-merna/article_0dc01ea4-9b20-5b2e-ad60-75c5b7404932.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

I picked this story because it really stuck out to me. This story is about taking a not-so-good situation and turning it into a great situation. For me, this played on a lot of emotional aspects. I think it does for many other people too.

My dad is a farmer so this really touched home. Growing up around the Agriculture industry, I have witnessed may situations where farmers go out of the way to help one another.

This is a wonderfully written story with a great video above. It really touched on all the details of who, what, when, where, why, and how. I also liked that it wasn’t just a summary of the situation but it also had many great quotes in it. My only critique is that I wish they had a quote in there from Greg (the farmer who has cancer). I think if they added that in there then this story would be even better!

Join the Conversation

1 Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. As I said in class, a good example of the human interest/feature story. Plays well in any community.