Nov 20 2022

Profile Image of Marnix

Extra Credit Writing

Posted at 2:46 pm under News Articles

The haunted basement of the Klinger-Neal Theatre

Last semester, me and my friends went to the basement of the Klinger-Neal Theatre right here on campus. Rumors were that it was haunted, which none of us believed, which gave us only one mission. We had to check it out for ourselves.

One day after dinner in the cafeteria, we went to check the unlocked building out. None of us had ever been here. It was dark and creepy, much like any dark building. We quickly found the door to the basement. A heavy door that directly slammed shut behind us when we entered. Unlike the movies, we could luckily still open it from the inside as well.

In the basement, I directly  grabbed ahold of a friends shirt, just to be sure. Besides the noises of the machine in the back, it was silent. If something on this campus would be haunted, this would definitely be the place.

There were the most random items, big clocks, puppets and other decorations used for plays in the theatre. We turned around a corner and were scared to death, a costume which reached to the ceiling was standing there staring us down while leaning against the wall.

Me, scared to death was just making sure I would remain in the middle of the group. Not in the front nor the back. We looked further for the one object we actually came for, the haunted chair. I heard stories that as soon as people touched the chair, fingernails scraped along their back, grabbing their shoulders and more.

We came to back and there we spotted it. A dead-normal chair which we use in classrooms standing there by itself it the corner. Whereas I tried to laugh it off since I was not expecting this exactly, I was still scared to death.

After standing there for some minutes with a safe distance, we quickly walked back up, not being sure what to think. Whereas we were proud of ourselves for being brave enough to go down there, we also all felt something was not right down there.

One response so far

One Response to “Extra Credit Writing”

1. fuglsangon 20 Nov 2022 at 7:21 pm 1

So, did you touch the chair or not? Seems like you kept a “safe distance” instead.

Some good details. The basis of a scary story to tell your family.

Comments RSS