News Comment 2

Democrats are drafting a bill for a $3.5 trillion budget in hopes to slow climate change and drastically reduce emissions. The budget bill will also include an unprecedented expansion of social welfare programs along with being the single largest piece of climate legislation to pass congress. The focus being to slow the burning of fossil fuels from power plants. Democrats are pushing to get this bill passed in order to help curb the natural disasters that are becoming all too frequent. They also understand that the cost of these disasters has almost cost as much as the proposed budget of the bill.

I like reading about climate change because I feel like it is a bigger problem than a lot of people realize. I want to see this bill passed because I want the world to still be beautiful when I grow old. At the current rate, when I am 50 or 60 years old, the world will be nothing like it is today and I don’t want that to happen. I believe this bill will not only help the Earth, but people as well. Curbing climate change will not only help people’s long term physical health but also their mental health.