Classmate Anecdote

Being mature isn’t just something adults have to do.

Bryce Kremer has an understanding of maturity that not many people have. When he was in fourth grade his father was deployed to Afghanistan so for Kremer this meant being the man of the house.

His family had just adopted two little girls from Korea not long before and now his father was not going to be around for a while. This meant that Kremer would have to help take care of his new sisters a lot.

Gail Kremer, Bryce’s mother, was very busy now that her husband had been deployed. Which meant Bryce needed to grow up quickly in order to help, not just around the house, but with taking care of his sisters as well.

As a fourth grader, Bryce matured far quicker than his peers at the time thanks to this newfound responsibility. Now that he was the man of the house, Bryce had a new appreciation for what his parents did. “Having to sacrifice certain things in order to help my family was not easy”, said Kremer. ” I think it was a good learning experience and helped me mature a lot for my age, and I wouldn’t trade my sisters for anything.”

One thought on “Classmate Anecdote

This is close, Cooper, but you have lots of “telling” and describing.
    What you’re missing is the actual story that “shows” him being
    mature. Did he beat anybody up to protect his sisters? That would
    be a good story.