Profile Story Final

Meet Bryce Kremer

Bryce Kremer was born November 15, 2001, to Steve and Gale Kremer. He grew up in Cherokee, Iowa, where he became a beloved member of the community from an early age. As a third grader, Kremer would go to different events with his parents and from then on, the Cherokee community loved him.

The community gravitated toward Bryce because of his work ethic and success in different endeavors. There was not much Bryce didn’t do in high school, so he was always in the hometown newspaper and garnering attention from community members.

As Bryce became a senior, he was poised to accomplish some big things. Throughout the fall, he was winning cross country races left and right and finally fulfilled his dream of punching his ticket to compete at state cross country. He placed thirtieth in a competitive field of runners, but that did not satisfy Bryce, considering he went into the race ranked in the top ten. “I choked pretty hard”, said Kremer.

That experience only made Kremer’s hunger to compete stronger. After finishing his senior year at Cherokee, Bryce committed to run cross country and track at Morningside University (then, Morningside College).

Excited to start his new chapter, Kremer dove headfirst into the “college experience”. “I knew it would be fun, not matter how running went, I was excited,” said Kremer. Bryce knew that the college experience was about having fun, meeting new people, and trying new things. Although he chose Morningside, Bryce realized quickly that Morningside might have chosen him too. “It was one of those things where I didn’t really have a doubt. I knew I didn’t want to visit anymore schools after I visited Morningside.” explains Kremer.

Kremer has made some lifelong friends here at Morningside thanks to the track and cross-country teams, but he also credits living in the dorms and seeing so many people on a daily basis as why he has made so many lifelong friends. One friend, Caleb Roggenbuck, who is also roommates with Bryce, said “we may not always see eye to eye, but that has kind of become the reason our friendship works.” Another close friend of Bryce’s, Tyler Carney, said “Bryce is just a genuine guy that you can always count on for stuff. He makes it easy to be his friend.”

Bryce Kremer has had a life full of successes and failures, but he remains grounded through it all, not taking anything for granted. In the near future, Bryce plans to attend chiropractic school, meaning he would transfer out of Morningside. This has him feeling anxious, “it’s a new experience that will probably be tougher than here at Morningside.” Despite his feelings of anxiety, he is also excited to start another new chapter in his life, just like two years ago when he chose Morningside.