How to make good out of a bad situation?  Olivia Minderman has done just that this past week in Nebraska.  Olivia, a freshman at University of Nebraska Lincoln, had an idea to bring awareness to sexual assault and rape culture on campus.  Sexual assaults on college campuses have been an enormous problem and change needs to happen.  To help spark change, Olivia and her sorority sisters came up with the idea of promoting the “kNOw more” campaign.  Minderman said “We just want to get the word out and share education to keep people safe and help those people that have gone through an unfortunate crisis like this get better and find the support they need”.

To help convey the message of the “kNOw more” campaign, they partnered with 402ink and created merchandise.  All proceeds will go to the Voices of Hope.  The Voices of Hope is a nonprofit offering resources like hospital advocacy and a crisis hotline for sexual assault victims and survivors.  Olivia and her team set a goal to sell five-hundred shirts and have already exceeded those expectations. 

I believe this is an extremely selfless thing to do.  In today’s world, we need more people like Olivia.  She is standing up for what is right and bringing awareness to the situations. I myself have never gone through sexual assault or anything like that but I know people close to me that have.  I believe that it is a really important topic that needs more loudly spoke out about.   

Read more at: https://www.1011now.com/2021/09/01/know-more-raising-awareness-sexual-assault-supporting-survivors/