Pastor Nelson Interview

Pastor Andy Nelson the director of Campus Ministry and Campus Chaplin at Morningside University. Pastor Nelson has been here at Morningside since around 2018.

Pastor Nelson grew up in a little town in Southeastern Minnesota called Redwing, with only about 15,000 people. After high school Nelson then went to a college in Northeast Iowa called Luther college.

The job as Chaplin involves many things and gives Pastor Nelson a lot of things to do around campus. Nelson will help new students with directing their faith and helps facilitate religion and bible studies. With that he will also help connect your faith Pastor Nelson said, “If your faith is important to you however that might be I am here to connect your faith with something that is bigger than you.”

Pastor Nelson likes to remind about your first amendment rights when it comes to your religion practices and your beliefs. You should be able to practice your religion freely and your faith as you choose.

Faith went a long ways for Pastor Andy Nelson as faith is the most important thing in is life. Nelson said, “It shapes how I live my life and the relationships around me.”

The mentioning of faith and how he lives his life Pastor nelson was easily able to mention what he likes doing in his free time. Pastor Nelson likes to go hunting and fishing with his dad in his free time. Nelson also mentioned that he has four children so a lot of his time also involves around him.

Growing up Pastor Nelson was unsure whether he wanted to be a Chaplin. Nelson said “I went back and forth growing up, my family was engaged in our local church. People would mention the possibility of him being a pastor in his church while he was growing.