About Me – Wade Canaday

Hello class, my name is Wade Canaday and I am a senior business student at Morningside University. I am from Marshalltown, Iowa, which is about 30 minutes east of Ames if you know where that is. I have one older sister, Whitney, who is an elementary teacher in Marshalltown. She went to the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, Iowa. My dad, Brett, and my mom, Kim, recently just bought a car wash company in Marshalltown. There was originally one automatic car wash and 3 self serve car washes around town. Under the previous owners, one of the self serves was sold. Then, last year, a larger car wash company bought the automatic car wash from the previous owners, but didn’t want to buy the remaining two self serve car washes. Since my dad has been working there since he was in high school, and basically ran it for all these years, he decided to buy the remaining two self serves and run those with my mom. So, if you are ever in Marshalltown, make sure to get your car washed at Rainbow Car Wash.

I came to Morningside to be on the baseball team and to take advantage of the smaller college experience. I like being able to have 1-on-1 conversations with professors if I need to, and having them remember me by my first name. I have been playing baseball ever since I was little and Morningside gave me a great opportunity to continue my passion.

Some other facts about me are that I have a girlfriend named Sami, who is on the dance team here at Morningside. She is getting her degree in elementary education. We both went to high school together and started dating when I was a sophomore and when she was a freshman in high school. So coming up on 6 years here in December. I love to play video games in my free time, my favorite games are Call of Duty and MLB The Show. I also like to golf with friends. Two summers ago I was playing frisbee golf, not regular golf, and I broke my leg. I dislocated my tibia from the ankle joint and broke my fibula in half. I was trying to throw the frisbee too far and I slipped and landed on my leg the wrong way. I had surgery two days after the incident and currently have some permanent hardware in my leg. A 5 inch plate and 9 screws later, my fibula is back intact. The recovery has not been fun and still gives me some issues to this day.

I am excited to get this semester rolling and hopefully this brief explanation of who I am helps everyone remember me a little better.

No responses yet

Comments are closed at this time.

Trackback URI |