Henry Ruggs III Drinking and Driving leaves one Woman Dead

Henry Ruggs III was drinking and driving which led to a 23 year old woman’s death at 3:40 am on tuesday. Ruggs was driving at 156 miles per hour with a blood alcohol content twice as high as Nevada’s legal limit. When Ruggs rammed into the back of a toyota he was going 127 mph. The woman in the Toyotas name is still unreleased. Ruggs was a receiver for the Las Vegas Raiders but the Raiders have now cut him from the team hours after the accident. Ruggs is now facing charges that could put him in jail anywhere from 2 to 20 years. Ruggs was only in his second year in the NFL and was set up to be the next face of the Las Vegas Raiders. 

I thought the author did a good job of explaining the situation of the accident. I thought he used all the facts to help readers understand the severity of the situation. He also gives background information on Ruggs to help people realize who he is. The author does an overall good job of explaining bad news. 

I think this is News as drinking and driving is an important issue in our society today. Drinking and driving accidents happen all the time but when they happen with celebrities or athletes it is important to use them as an example. Henry Ruggs story is sad but with the spread of this issue it may prevent some people in society from drinking and driving. This is also big news for the NFL as one of its rising stars will most likely never play again.