Supply Chain in Chaos, Schools struggling to Serve Lunch

Schools throughout the United States are struggling to serve meals to students. This is due to the labor shortages across the country. This is a huge problem as many students rely on these lunches for nutrition and in some cases the students only source of a meal for the day. Covid-19 is definitely to blame as it has completely disrupted the distribution chain for these schools. 97% of school meal planners are concerned about receiving the meals for the week due to how big of a cluster the supply chain is. A school in Missouri has been using Sam’s club to get frozen pizzas to serve to students. This is a very important rising issue as the children need this meal at school as it may be there only one for the day. 

I feel this author did a good job of giving background information and details to help the audience understand. The labor shortages are having a huge impact on many things in the United States but this is one not many people know about. The author does a created job using facts and many details to describe the situation. I feel the author did a great job bringing attention to this issue. Overall, the article is very informative and well written. 

I found this to be very interesting as I had no clue this was happening in schools. I think this is very important for people to know about as this can affect many children. This can be seen as news as it affects the majority of parents and children throughout the country. Overall, this article sheds light on an issue that is going almost unnoticed even though it is very important.