Zach Olsen transition to College during Covid

I got the privilege to sit down with Zach Olsen and talk about the struggles hes faced with Covid while being in college. Zach says, “I do not feel I have gotten a true college experience.” Covid has not allowed for many day to day things that go on in college to happen. He found the hardest part through this whole thing is wearing mask as they can be a distraction. Zach does not find the online learning environment to be working as, “there are too many distractions around me in my room.” Covid has not only affected Zach in his learning but also with his sports. He felt that Covid made it much harder for the basketball team to bond. The bonding was hard because outside of practice they are not supposed to be in big groups. This was because they did not want the whole team to get quarantined if one player gets Covid. Zach understood this though as he had been quarantined twice and nobody wants that for anybody on the team. Although Covid has been very hard for Zach and his college experience, but he felt the biggest help was the teachers. The teachers have helped and been very understanding through the pandemic. Zach said, “I am ready for Covid to be over and get back to a normal College life.”