Paper Article

The article I found was is called, “Online Gaming Addiction and Treatment Issues for Adolescents.” The author is Kimberly Young.  This article describes what are some of the symptoms you might see in a person that is addicted to gaming. One of the symptoms it talks about is when kids actually take time away from their friends and family to game. I think this is a big problem because you could really upset people around you and ruin your relationships. Its a thing that can tear everything else apart and that is hard to get back. It is similar to drugs but is not as bad for your body in my opinion. Another point they bring up is when kids lie about there gaming time. Their guardians or anybody else that is worried about how much they are gaming, are struggling to find out how bad the situation is because the kids are not telling the truth about it. Another reason they talk about why kids are getting addicted to video games is because they live difficult lives and use video games as an escape from the real world. When you have an escape route it and it is easier, it is hard to just not do it. I think the article talks about the basic reasons why kids get addicted to video games and does a good job. I also think this addiction is not as bad as drug addiction but can be very dangerous. I would certainly feel better if my kid was stuck on playing video games instead of doing drugs. I think video game addiction will be a problem for a while because video games are all around us. It is hard to get away from it and a lot of people enjoy games.

About Shane

I come from Ghent Minnesota. I love tuna casserole and enjoy playing video games. I made a sweet trampoline dunk video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Ag1E2Ym4Q. There is the link
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.