Covid-19 College Interview

An Interview with Madison about what it was like when the Covid-19 pandemic started, how it affected her studies and if there are still any things that effect her today from the time of the lockdown.

During class we were supposed to interview a classmate about their Covid-19 experience during college. To start off I asked Madison about her first response to Covid-19 when it started in Spring 2020. She said that she was “happy over the extended spring break”. However, she reports that she was at nationals which meant her trip got cancelled and they had to “turn and head home, which sucked”. When asked about her motivation during the pandemic and if she had any troubles with studying she replied: “I enjoyed online classes more than in person because I could work at my own pace”. Covid-19 must have caused a lot of troubles for students at the time, nonetheless, not so for Madison. Lastly, I wanted to know from her if she adapted any new habits or if any of the acclimatizations transferred into her post lockdown live. She said that everything is “back to normal” and there is nothing really she did or did not do. The only thing that is still effecting her from the experience ist hat she is “still cautious” at all time about the virus.

One thought on “Covid-19 College Interview

1. Approach this as a news article, Luc, not as a conversation. What you have here would fit better in a broadcast interview or podcast. How about:

Spring 2020 was a mixed bag for Madison Mahr. She liked the extended spring break, but was angry when her team was not able to compete at nationals.

Then a quote. Keep yourself out of the story. Just present info. Not so much HOW you collected the info.