About Me

My Name is Luc Mai, I was born and raised in Frankfurt, Germany. My entire school education has always been in english because I attended an International School. My school degree is called the International Baccalaureate which is well recognized all over the world. Therefore my plan was always to study internationally as well.

Realizing that my soccer skills weren’t enough to make it to professional soccer, I early on decided that I wanted to use this opportunity to finance my education instead. In 2017 I travelled to the US to play soccer against D1 universities such as Wake Forrest in Florida. After getting a first impression of what soccer was like here, I started making a highlight video as soon as I was back home.

At the end of 2018 I was accepted at Morningside University and in spring 2019 I started my studies in the field of Business Administration. In my freshmen year as a soccer player here at Morningside, we won the Gpac title for the first time in the history of Morningside Soccer. It was also the first time in 17 years that another team but Hastings won the Gpac.

Sports is part of my everyday life, whether it is conditioning or lifting. I workout twice a day, even though I would not necessarily say that I enjoy doing that. This is part of my believe in discipline and motivation in order to be a successful person. One of my passions is success- and motivational-philosophy. I like to read biographies of successful people and interpret their motivation and philosophy for myself. I also enjoy communicating my ideas and thoughts about motivation in creative ways such as through writing, podcasts or skits.

This passion of mine came from the hard times in my life that I had to go through and realizing that everyone goes through some sort of struggle. I am hoping that I can share my story and philosophy in order to motivate others and gaining a greater network of success-oriented individuals that are willing to share their ideas and experiences in a productive way.