Jesus vs. Santa

It’s that time of year again. The lights are out and the trees are in place. But I don’t feel very Christmasy; I haven’t for the past couple of years actually. At least not like when I was a kid. I had always just chalked this up to old age. I know what your thinking, 19 is the new 35, or something like that. But that’s beside the point. The point actually is after reading this article I now know why. It’s because people are trying to take the Christianity out of Christmas. And it isn’t the Jews or the Muslims or any other type of religion. It’s us. And us alone. I’m not sure why either. I always knew that Christmas was about Jesus, even as a kid. I didn’t need someone to remind me everywhere I go. I think one of the reasons that people think this way is because kids look forward to Santa coming. Well can you blame them? If a magic man came to my house every year I would be excited about it too. And I was when I was a kid. But my parents always made sure that I knew the true reason for Christmas. So, maybe we shouldn’t blame the general public, and should start blaming the parents that don’t take the time to show their kids that. And what if they don’t want to? Can’t Christmas have more then one meaning? I think so. We already share the holidays with Judaism and Islam and other religions, why not Atheism?

About Kyle

8 Responses to “Jesus vs. Santa”
  1. Shaun Beau says:

chops it up with Trina about her new album Amazin’, her KING cover and bootleg

2. After I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the exact same comment. There has to be a means you are able to remove me from that service? Appreciate it!|

3. tyflas says:

I am in fact pleased to read this weblog posts which includes plenty of useful data, thanks for providing these kinds of data.|

4. My brother recommended I would possibly like this website. He was once totally right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t consider simply how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thanks!|

5. financial says:

Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!|

6. I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing problems with your site. It appears like some of the written text in your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This could be a problem with my internet browser because I’ve had this happen previously. Appreciate it|

7. Very good post. I definitely love this website. Continue the good work!|

8. Thanks for scripting this quality publish..Liked your content pieces. Be sure to do continue to keep writing

Recent Photos