sin miedo al exito

News Comment #12

Why Retailers Are Trying Extra Hard to Woo Holiday Shoppers

With an economic slowdown a distinct possibility, stores hope customers’ willingness to open their wallets will last through the season.

As the most wonderful time of the year approaches customers are getting their shopping lists finalized and that is the main reason why I chose this article.

I read through this article pretty quickly. It spoke about companies such as Best Buy, Target, Khols, JcPenny, and Amazon.

The article focused on explaining the reasoning behind longer deals and bigger discounts from these companies, the increasing rates, and how people are really feeling about spending large amounts of money during this time.

The companies and their competitors are trying to find a way to give customers “value” to their purchases and increase their motivation to buy more.

This article does a great job of describing what the issues are and why people are doing what they are doing.

The article closed off with two stories from people who spoke about their holiday shopping experience and I think it was a good last touch for the article.

I think that this article was timely because of the holiday season and it had great facts that I was not aware of before.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/27/business/economy/holiday-shopping-retail-sales.html

1 Comment

1. fuglsang

Seems like an “overview” sort of story. What’s the shopping vibe going into the holidays? Could be useful for business owners, I suppose.