sin miedo al exito

Morningside Web Story

Out of Morningside’s website I chose Jose Lopez, First-Gen story. I do not consider this type of story news because although it is interesting to read, it isn’t exactly a report. I think that the potential audiences for this story are First-Gen students.

To me the purpose of this story is to persuade First- Gen students or students graduating high school about the home feel environment Morningside provides. The readers gain a good understanding of how Morningside’s environment makes other students feel especially First-Gen students.

The benefit for the students is that they have an insight into what other students are saying about the college. It also benefits students who are from Sioux City and are also family oriented and want to stay closer to home. Morningside also gains publicity from students who are first-gen and are interested in coming to the college because of the stories of those students.

https://www.morningside.edu/news/people/first-gen-stories-jose-lopez/

That’s pretty much right on, Byanka. The focus on first-gen students is new, and a response to how Morningside can reach out to a specific population of potential students.