sin miedo al exito

New Comment #13

You’ve Got to Be Kidding! Real ID Deadline for Domestic Fliers Is Extended. Again.

After years of delays, security-enhanced driver’s licenses and other updated identification requirements were set to be mandatory next spring. Now the government is giving you another two years.

Not long ago, I posted a news comment to a story related to the Real ID. I came upon this article and I was shocked. I did not expect the real ID to be set back another 2 years.

The reason for its setback is that the federal authorities don’t think that they allowed enough time for civilians to obtain their new enhanced IDs.

The article had a lot of the information that the first article had. It included the reason for the new enhanced IDs and when the original date they were supposed to be expected.

I liked this article, and like I said before I was shocked that they would push the date back another two years. It was an easy read overall with great follow-up information.

That just means it gives time for travelers to issue their new enhanced IDs before May 7, 2025, the date that the new enhanced IDs will be required at least for now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/05/travel/real-id-deadline-delay.html

Another two years does seem silly. But if you consider how few people follow the news and what is going on in their community/state, is it really a surprise?

The purpose of news.