News comment

In this article, Golden State Warriors Star, Stephen curry, stands on top of the 3 pointer list. Stephen Curry passed Ray Allen for the all time leader in 3 pointers made. He did this in 511 fewer games. Curry is in his 13th season breaks the record with 2,977 career threes. Not only did he set the record, but he set it in the Garden, one of the most historical buildings in the NBA. Curry stated in this article, “I pride myself on shooting a high percentage,” Curry said. “I pride myself on that helping us win games. Now, I can pride myself on the longevity of getting to that number Ray set, hopefully pushing it to a number nobody can reach. I never wanted to call myself the greatest shooter until I got that record. I’m comfortable saying that now.”

The author here, Scott Cacciola, was trying to speak to any basketball fan as a lot of it was talking about Stephen Curry and his impact on the game with this record. Which also means he was trying to speak to Curry fans as well. I think he does a good job with this, however I believe the order he told the story could’ve been more clear. It felt like it was out of place at times. 

I believe this is news to sports fans in general. Curry has influenced the game with his three pointers in a big way and finally breaking the record is something a lot of people would probably like to see. I think the author did a good job explaining the whole story and it was well descriptive.