Parliament Suspension

This article goes into detail about the recent events that are happening with Brexit. A couple of days back, Boris Johnson was able to get the right to suspend parliament with the permission of the queen. The article claims that Boris made this bold move to try to push forward Brexit and allow a smooth transition out of the European Union by October 31st. The article continues to quite various figures in UK politics such as Phillip Hammond who states “It would be a constitutional outrage if Parliament were prevented from holding the government to account at a time of national crisis”. From now on, the government only has two periods available to them where they can attempt to block a “no-deal Brexit”. In conclusion, the source is very ambiguous in saying whether the plan will work. The article states it’s a very “high risk’ strategy, but there is a chance Johnson could pull it off.

In my opnion, I think this is a very bold but intelligent move by our new Prime Minister. To take parliament out of the equation caused great controversy and caused an agreat amount of hate from the opposition (being the remainers). It was a bold move that I believe will enusre a successful Brexit campaign and will certainly push the UK in the right direction for the future. Theresa May was unable to produce the result which was desired by the public, so I’m glad to see our new PM try to make a change.

The article itself was well organized and had good flow. The important factor is that the public are able to engage in the article and have a good understanding. The Brexit topic is a very important topic for a mjaority of households in the UK, so an uniabsed report is essential.

I believe there is always an element of bias involved in the sources written about Brexit. To me, it appears the public of the UK always want to hear the doom and gloom of the story so the writer has to accommodate for that. The idea that Brexit will be a huge disaster is far more popular than the idea than the idea that it’ll be a success. Therefore, in order to increase sales, the best option is to sell the idea of a terrible Brexit.