Dec 02 2022

Profile Image of Nienke

News Comment #12

Posted at 12:33 am under Uncategorized

Riots break out in Brussels after Belgium’s surprising loss to Morocco.

Last Sunday, after Belgium lost 2-0 to Morocco at the World Cup, riots erupted in the heart of Brussels and several other Belgian cities.

Videos that were shared online show people overturning a car and setting it on fire in Brussels, the capital of Belgium. According to local reports, rioters also set fire to electric scooters and threw bricks at other vehicles. During the riots, one person suffered from injuries according to Ilse van de Keere, a Brussels police spokeswoman.

In response to the riots, the Brussels police deployed water cannons and fired tears gas to clear the crowd. It was not clear if anyone was arrested.

In my opinion, this is a news worthy story. However, it is not the best article I have read so far. The topic itself is good and is worth mentioning, but the article is really short and only offers limited information on the topic. After the initial topic, the riots in Belgium, has been talked about, the article suddenly mentions something about riots in the Netherlands. I was a little confused by this, and I don’t know if I would have included that in this article the way the author did. Overall, I think the topic is definitely news worthy, but I think the author could have tried to write the article a little more thoroughly.

No responses yet

Comments RSS