“Watch for gesture”

October 12, 2021

I would describe Professor Fuglsang as more of a relaxed character, especially for a professor. He uses his hands for hand gestures, even when he is eating he still flails his hands around. Although Fuglsang is quite a bit older, his posture and movements are still quick and perky with energy. Fuglsang usually uses his body language and hands to communicate. While I observed his actions I noticed that he tended to use hand signals rather than facial expressions to express himself. Occasionally, he did crack a smile or express a face of confusion but along with those he would shake his hands or raise his shoulders up. I also noticed he does to the typical “professor walk” where he walks with his hands clasped behind his back whenever he is listening to a student or impatiently waiting for the class to reply to his questions.

Fuglsang is a communications professor so I have noticed that he knows how to communicate efficiently, that’s why he uses his hands and his body language to portray his confidence that he does to the class. I also noticed that he dresses down compared to most professors. Not that dressing down is a bad thing, but for the students I think it sends the message that he is easily approachable.

While Fuglsang speaks to our class he is constantly moving. Even though he makes my head twist around like an owl, he still uses the right tone of voice and volume for us to hear him. He also speaks to us a bit differently than other professors speak to their students. I don’t know many professors that drop terms like “shit” or “fuck up” in the middle of class. That being said Professor Fuglsangs quirky lax-like nature is what makes him most comparable to a cool house cat that always has something to say.

2 Responses to ““Watch for gesture””

1.   fuglsang said:

“Although Fuglsang is quite a bit older, his posture and movements are still quick and perky with energy.” I’m not sure I like perky, but I wish it was true.

“he walks with his hands clasped behind his back whenever he is listening to a student or impatiently waiting for the class to reply to his questions.” Good catch.

I would be OK with being a house cat.

2.   sarab said:

list-most-expensive-precious-stones-jewels-world
    گران بهاترین سنگی که بین عموم مردم شناخته شده الماس است. گرانترین سنگ دنیا این سنگ گران بها از سخت ترین کانی جهان هستی، که دارای پیوندهای بین اتمی قوی برخوردار است، تشکیل شده که آن عنصر کربن نام دارد.