Scavenger Hunt

September 21, 2021

For my scavenger hunt I went over to the Krone Center. Primarily most of those who work in this building are in charge of Morningside’s marketing, social media, photography, and much more. I spoke with Carly Hanson, Associate Vice President for Marketing and Communication. “Over here we do a little bit of everything, jack of all trades really”, said Hanson. Although there are many tasks that Hanson does she explained that she does a lot of the writing and editing for the Morningside magazine as well as talk to other news reporters that do stories about the college. Hanson said she “enjoys writing the most” out of her many jobs.

As I was asking her questions about her job I had her creatively bend a paperclip to any shape she desired. She said that, “I want to make it unique, most would bend it into an ‘S’ shape”. With that, she definitely made it a uniquely twisted shape. Her mindset fit well with her favorite motivational quote: “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense”.

Although our conversation was brief, I got to know more about Carly Hanson and I even discovered that I may occasionally work with her for sports information, my work study job here on campus.

One Response to “Scavenger Hunt”

1.   fuglsang said:

If you would ever like to do some sports writing or photography for The CR, let me know, Josie. You’re more than welcome.