News Comment Week 6

September 27th, 2021 | Uncategorized |

The article I picked this week is about the blockbuster trade between the Carolina Panthers and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Panthers sent their starting tight end, Dan Arnold, as well as a third round draft pick to the Jaguars and received cornerback CJ Henderson and a fifth round pick in return. This is a huge trade because CJ Henderson was just drafted ninth overall in the 2020 NFL draft by the Jaguars and the Panthers had just signed Dan Arnold to a two year extension this past offseason.

The lead was perfect for this type of article because it told the reader exactly what they wanted to know: what are the details of the trade. This is a well organized article and shows the inverted pyramid style of writing, mentioning the important details of the trade first and then explaining the reasoning as the story goes on. Overall, I think the story gave a good amount of information without being unnecessary and kept me intrigued until the end.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32291777/sources-carolina-panthers-agree-deal-jacksonville-jaguars-cb-cj-henderson

One Response to “News Comment Week 6”

1. Very remarkable article. I have read it in its entirety and plan to share it with my social circles. I intend to rewrite your article and publish it on my own blog.