Bullying: Teacher vs. Student News Comment #11

November 17th, 2011

Every week it seems that we hear about bullying between two kids or two teens. Rarely have I heard about a student bullying a kid. In the particular article a special education student was being bullied by his so called “mentor”. The teacher was breaking him down, degrading him, and cursing at him. All of the abuse was un-needed and for reasons unknown, done to someone who did not deserve it! The kid decided to take a stand and record his whole abusive treatment on his cell phone. What he caught led to an investigation and the teacher being put on leave. His viral bullying spread across the internet and made it to the big names for publishing virally on the web!

I say GOOD FOR HIM!! No one should be treated like that especially from a mentor. Not only was this teacher treating him wrong, but degrading him in front of people. No one believe the young student until the video was released. Does this mean a cell phone actually was used for a good reason in class?! Well this is worth the read and the video can be seen here along with the news article, here.

One Response to “Bullying: Teacher vs. Student News Comment #11”

1. fuglsang on November 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Read a bit of the story when it broke, but still haven’t watched the video. It would probably bring back too many memories for me. The definition of bullying has changed since I was in school, but at the same time, the stakes have also increased quite a bit. Your comment about cell phones is interesting, as is the story’s comment about video taping being a last resort because no one would listen. That’s the failure, I think.