California Man Is Convicted of Cyberstalking Parkland Victims’ Families

A man impersonated shooter Nikolas Cruz in order to taunt and terrorize the victims of the Parkland shooting.

The man’s name is Brandon Michael Fleury and he was found guilty of three counts of cyberstalking and one count of transmitting a kidnapping threat and could face up to twenty years in jail for this crime. The article goes on to give details of the crimes committed, and they are very disturbing. Brandon messaged family members of the victims, “I’m your abductor I’m kidnapping you fool,” and, “With the power of my AR-15, I take your loved ones away from you PERMANENTLY.”

This article is important because it shows how social media can get you in to a lot of trouble. The article has news values because it informs the reader of this cyberstalker and is very interesting. I think the article was well written with good information. I found the lead and headline very enticing and informative and it made me want to continue reading. I found the article interesting and I really can’t believe someone would do this to another person.https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/08/us/parkland-shooting-victims-cyber-stalker.html