Starry Eyed Surprise

“We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.” -Johnny Depp

Pitbull Perception Problem

Filed under: Uncategorized — Taylor at 2:39 am on Friday, November 30, 2012

I read a couple different articles this week and this is one that really irks me. The article is about how pit bull’s have a bad reputation because of the dog fighting. There are people being turned down in Maryland for renting a place because they have pit bull’s all because some person didn’t take care of their dog properly and it ended up getting out and hurting people. This isn’t a breed problem; it’s an owner problem. A court actually ruled pit bull’s specifically to be “inherently dangerous.” Thankfully there are people doing something about it. According to the article the HSUS (Humane Society of the United States) is trying to explain that it’s not the breed that is the problem. People are getting the information wrong and blowing it all out of proportion.

The reason this annoys me so much is that my best friend’s family has had pit bull’s for a long time, the oldest one has been in our lives since we were 4 years old and we’ve never had a problem. I can remember times when we were walking this dog and other people walking would move across the street, that isn’t fair at all. To assume just because it was a pit bull that it would attack, let’s not consider that too young girls were walking the dog and completely fine. It’s an unfair accusation due to people being ignorant. This is an important article because people need to be educated on the truth.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/29/living/mnn-pitbull/index.html?hpt=us_c2

2 Comments

fuglsang

December 5, 2012 @ 4:33 am

Sioux City also has vicious dog ordinances that were inspired by pits. So, what’s to be done? What can this story accomplish?

Clemmie Sjolund

March 25, 2013 @ 10:48 pm

Yes. As long as you have a good, thorough education, you can do anything you want to. (Other than maybe… be a rock star. 🙂

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.