Interview Story

September 30th, 2020

Steven Postolka a Morningside Alumni who graduated in 2011 gave us an interesting interview on how he became interested in law. He started off by going into why he likes law stating “ I choose law because I like how I can be intellectual while also being able to help people out in need of my services”.  

Postolka is currently is working for the Sioux City where he represents the city when a court cases goes against them. With Postolka being a Litigator Postolka expresses that “95% of the litigators work happens outside the court room”. Where they have to look into what the case is about while, also getting more information of why the city is getting sued. With Covid 19 work has been slow for Postolka. Postolka is one of the lucky few who have a set wage to where not matter how long he works he will be getting paid that amount. Compared to his other job where he was getting $250 an hour to do the job or take on a case.

One of the hardest things to deal with in Postolka line of work was that “he had to work with certain clients who were just hard to get along with or were not realistic about what they want out of the court case”.  Making it much harder on Postolka to close out a court case until both parties are satisfied with what they are getting. Giving in site on how lawyers have to work out with other lawyers to make a deal happen so both parties can be happy. Where the outcome of the case benefits both parties that are in it.

Comments RSS