Naughty Times at the Hennen Farm

When I was about 12 years old, my cousin Walker and I had the great idea to make a ramp out of some spare wood on the farm for our bikes. After about 10 minutes of hard work, and pounding about 50 nails in many different areas on the old water warped wood, we were ready for take off. Although we were very excited that we had made such a masterpiece of a ramp, we decided to take the smart option of testing it first. We slowly peddled our bikes to the ramp, gradually going up the ramp and then coming back down. It seemed pretty sturdy, but creaked and croaked under the weight of the bike so we were not positive how take off would end up. The good news was that Walker had a younger brother named Cole that was built like a brick wall at the age of 8. We could get this kid to do anything, so after about a half hour off begging and persuading him that he wouldn’t be as cool as the older kids if he didn’t do it, he was sold. We told him to take off from about 20 yards away and got him a helmet before making sure that no adults were around to witness this. Once he was all suited up, he took off with a smile on his face but once he began nearing the ramp his smile turned into a concerned look because the bike he was riding did not have any brakes on them. As the old farm bike raced towards and onto the ramp the inclined board snapped and sent Cole soaring forward causing his man parts to collide with handlebars of the bike. Following the crash he laid next to the old ramp, on the old brakeless bike, grimacing in pain with his hands clutching his throbbing crotch. After about 10 minutes of laughing and pointing at him, I got up to make sure my little cousin was all right. He had a couple bruises here and there, but that of course made him tough and would help him get the ladies. We did not tell our parents about this experience because we knew better at that age. If they would have known about our little “incident” they would of punished us and made us work for the problems we had caused. We all received a good learning experience from this so telling our parents didn’t seem like a big deal at the time.

About Shane

I come from Ghent Minnesota. I love tuna casserole and enjoy playing video games. I made a sweet trampoline dunk video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Ag1E2Ym4Q. There is the link
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Naughty Times at the Hennen Farm

1. Eric says:

I thought this story was quite hilarious, and I liked the way it was put together. Besides being funny, it had a good point to it and I thought it was good that you guys learned from your mistakes. The story kept a fun pace and I was never bored throughout it. Does Cole still let you persuade him to do crazy stunts? Haha!