News comment #6

The article I read was called ‘3 debate moments that showed how unsuited Trump is for the presidency.’ The article was written by Aaron Rupar and published to Vox.com on September 29.

Anyone who watched the debate probably agrees that it was a complete shit show (for lack of better words). Trump wouldn’t let anyone but himself speak, including the moderator. It was so bad that Biden even told Trump “Will you shut up, man?’

The three aspects of the debate this article talked about are: Trump refusing to condemn white supremacy, trump refusing to pledge to not try to steal the election, and Trump’s comments on climate change.

“Trump was teed up a softball about racism – and wouldn’t even swing at it” was the headline (and the best one I’ve seen so far) Vox used to begin talking about Trump’s long history of racism. Instead of denouncing white supremacist groups, Trump addressed a far-right group the Proud Boys and asked them to stand by. This group took this as an endorsement from Trump, adding fuel to their fire.

This article was definitely created for people who do not support Trump. Trump supporters would roll their eyes and somehow find a way to try to convince themselves (and everybody else) that everything in this article is a lie. I’ve mentioned it before, but it is so interesting to me that Trump can literally do anything and not lose his die hard supporters. It’s almost scary.

I think the article was well written. It took good quotes right from the debate and even added some tweets with videos from the debate. I think this debate left a lot of people terrified for our country, as it should have. It was a complete disaster.

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/29/21494852/trump-biden-presidential-debate-lowlights

One thought on “News comment #6”

1. It’s a good example of a story that doesn’t try to place equal blame on Trump and Biden. Trump owns all responsibility for the shit show. The media who try to be neutral and place equal blame are incorrect.