Last weekends AstroWorld Festival quickly turned into a nightmare. As of November 7th, eight people died at the festival and many others are currently hospitalized. According to Natasha, a security guard working the festival, people were coming in starting at 10 a.m. in mobs. These people were trampling over gates, pushing past security guards, and not allowing medical staff to get through to those needing medical attention. Everyone wanted to be up front so badly during Travis’s performance that they were piling into the front even when there was plenty of space around them. Lucas, an attendee of the concert, claimed he was helping multiple girls who had been shoved to the ground and were getting trampled on by others around them. Multiple fans claim that the concert should have been stopped as people began going into cardiac arrest and were dying around the festival. Madeline, a nurse that was attending the concert, was knocked unconscious by other attendees and woke up to a man beside her that was dead. Once she became aware of what was going on around her she did all she could to help as there was not proper equipment and training being used by those assisting.

Overall, I believe that this tragedy could have been prevented if people were respectful of those around them when entering and participating in an event. I am not a Travis Scott fan but after hearing about this event and him continuing his concert when there were multiple people dying I plan on never supporting him in any way. I hope that this event opens peoples eyes to prevent this from happening again.

https://www.mic.com/culture/astroworld-fest-firsthand-accounts