M’Side, Meet Kassidy Hart.

As another semester begins here at Morningside College, students from far and near come to learn/compete/sleep through lectures. Here, since it’s smaller everyone has a great chance at making more friends and getting to know one another. In Mass COMM 208 the students were asked by the professor to pair up (you know how this works on the first day of class) and ask interview questions so they can write their first Journalism assignment about a classmate. Also, it’s a good way to get know someone. (Like I said, small college = lots of new friends). 

Morningside people reading this really should get to know Kassidy Hart. Her hair goes neatly down to her shoulders and seems to have an automatic pep in her step. Asking her some questions about herself was not boring, she answered with the utmost excitement. She was eager to express what she liked and what brought her here to Sioux City, Iowa all the way from Omaha, Nebraska.

She chose this particular campus over many other options because of the fact Morningside offers an amazing English department so she can one day become a teacher. (whoop whoop!) In addition to that, Kassidy loved how she was able to participate in Theatre here on campus and play Tennis for our school! Additionally, Morningside gave her more scholarships for her academic/athletic efforts! She mentioned how she toured Hastings (boo) but saw what they had to offer fell short of what she wanted (yay!). As you can see she did in fact make the best choice for her and liked it so much, she is back for her Sophomore year with a minor in Journalism.

Besides brushing up on her grammar to teach the youth of the future, Kassidy is still a teen/young adult like everyone else at Morningside. She loveschocolate ice cream. “I’ve been obsessing over Chunky Monkey by Ben & Jerry’s recently… I can’t stop, I loveall chocolate ice cream!” Her eagerness of talking about her favorite temptation is enough to get anyone hooked on ‘Chunky Monkey’ with an enthusiastic devotion to a sweet treat so many of us love. 

Speaking of the word love, Kassidy is in fact in love… With her 1 dog and 3 cats. Her pets sadly still live in Omaha while she attends school, long distance is not fun. Especially when she has a cute orange tabby cat named Nova at home. “Out of all of them I’d have to say she’s my favorite because she’s so cute!” Love has no boundaries, especially when Kassidy beamed on how Nova was fat. All the poof on Nova is nothing but love, it’s definitely love when you nickname each other. Kassidy nicknamed her ‘Fatty’.

Normal hobbies of a normal college student include Netflix. Kassidy is not normal, but she shares a similar hobby most people have in this time period. She also writes! I have no idea what about, since she’s in journalism it’s obvious she takes a great interest in writing. What subjects we don’t know but if we keep an eye out for her articles or newsletters, or whatever journalism has to offer we’ll see what sparks her interests and imagination.Welcome back Kassidy, kill it in all that you’re going to do this year. Everyone at M’Side will know you better thanks to a little ice breaker interview for class!